Thursday, May 15, 2008

Going Where?

Yep. That's right we are off to Anchorage, Alaska for close to three months! Damien will be working with a congregation up there and I will be getting up close and cuddly with some bears... maybe some moose too.

I can truly say that I am sorry this semester is over. It has been especially great for developing close relationships with new people. I managed not to get too bent out of shape about the little amount of work I was doing for my classes, and ended up getting good grades anyway. :) So, don't listen to your Mummies and Daddies kids, you do get rewarded for being a slacker. :P And, I now have some wonderful friends, with whom I have the added pleasure of dancing with a number of times a week.

People say things like what I am about to say now all the time, but it never seems anything but trite until you come to the point where you can honestly reflect the same sentiments. That being said; I can appreciate a little bit better, not totally though, how hard it is to be married and stay married. I love my husband, there was a short period last year where I wasn't so sure about that. What's more, I am certain that this uncertainty will come back again during the course of our lives. I just hope and pray that we can make it though, like we are doing now.

So to sum up my feelings and not get too mushy. Last year was bad and very hard, this year was still hard but mostly fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi babe ..
im glad you chose blogspot, if not for the spots (im a fan of them too), then for its simplicity.
and im glad you love damian. that is nice.
and i remember when i was last with you and you went to alaska. this is neat you are going again.. yippee ! (im having little yippees going off inside) ... you know, today was the first day i have ever walked into a glass door... it was quite funny... and i found that my forehead is bigger because my nose never touched the glass! wish you couldve seen it... im still laughing... with a red mark on my head!

Noel Malan said...

When the purely physical attraction wanes, love becomes a conscious decision. It is a decision which you will need to make numerous times in your life. Every time you make that decision to love your spouse, you grow stronger, your love grows stronger and the decision-making process is a little easier the next time. Give it another 50 or 60 years and it will be a breeze!

Buranda said...

Brooke, I am sure that Damien would have gotten a laugh out of that, he is heartless after all.

Noel, 50 or 60 years huh? You look good for your age. I am, of course, assuming that you are talking from experience. :P

Unknown said...

So have you finished with your studies yet Miranda? Also Brooke... that was hilarious. I guess I am heartless as well.